a teenager close to losing his foot due to an electronic cigarette

The 13-year-old was with friends when he wanted to smash an object on the ground. An electronic cigarette then got stuck in his heel and nearly caused the amputation of his foot.

“I didn’t think about it, I don’t know how to explain it. I just kicked it and it went straight into my foot. It was very painful,” said Harley Benett, 13, describing her accident to the newspaper . Subway. The teenager, who lives in Cirencester in the west of England, actually planted an electronic cigarette in his foot on October 8.

Shocked, the young man was immediately transferred to the hospital. The doctor and hospital staff had never seen anything like this. Despite wearing thick-heeled shoes, the 10-centimeter cigarette sank into and lodged in the top of the heel bone, which cracked.

Risk of amputation

Harley underwent a two hour operation and a skin graft which unfortunately failed. “Two weeks after the accident, the surgeon said there was a high chance of infection and losing the foot. That scared me the most,” admitted her mother Samantha.

Fortunately, after nine weeks of follow-up, where the bandages were changed daily, Harley would now be on the road to recovery. And wisdom?

VIDEO – A man lights fireworks with his mouth

Leave a Comment