Issy-les-Moulineaux, October 17, 2022 – Following the success of the first edition, Microsoft France is launching a call for applications for the second promotion ofEnvironmental Startup Accelerator. For 6 months, a dozen startups building solutions for the ecological transition will be supported by Microsoft and its partners at Station F – the largest startup campus in the world. The call for applications is open from 27 September to 14 November 2022.
” The Environmental Startup Accelerator offers concrete support to entrepreneurs who develop innovative solutions to respond to the urgency of the ecological transition. In this context, Microsoft offers technical and business support to facilitate the emergence of technological solutions for startups, as well as a privileged relationship with our customer and partner ecosystem with which we are proud to promote these projects for the future. » confirms Corina from Bilbao, President of Microsoft France.
Call for applications: submission of files from 27 September to 14 November
For this second promotion, theEnvironmental Startup Accelerator will select 7 to 10 French startups that market technological solutions to public and private organizations to help them in their ecological transition.
The selected startups must respond to one of the following challenges:
- Efficiency and energy conversion
- Traceability and optimization of the supply chain
- Circular economy
From September 27 to November 14, candidate startups can submit their application online at the following link: https://aka.ms/CandidatureStartup
The startups whose file has been selected will defend their project by pitching in front of a jury made up of experts from Microsoft and its partners. At the end of this last phase, the jury will select the 7 to 10 startups that will benefit from the support Environmental Startup Accelerator.
8 expert partners to support startups
The selected start-ups will benefit from technological and business support from Microsoft and its partners through a personalized approach. To guarantee targeted support, each startup, depending on its focus and its own needs, will receive support from one or more partners according to their areas of expertise:
- BREATHE will offer access to its business offering, to carbon calculator tools, to expert content from its library.
- BCG will offer support around the theme “sustainable production”. The BCG experts will intervene with the winners and will organize exchanges between startups and their networks.
- Capgemini will offer start-ups: technical support (especially related to the architecture of their IT system and their cyber security system), strategic advice on their business development plan and its implementation, as well as specific support from its laboratories for Applied Innovation (AIE – Applied Innovation Exchange) for testing and validation of their prototypes.
- Demeter a major European player in investment capital for the ecological transition, will make its teams available to start-ups for advice on fundraising, pitching and roadshows.
- The Solar Impulse Foundation will participate in the selection jury and will offer start-ups support to apply for Solar Impulse label (including an environmental impact assessment and expert feedback.) Once acquired, the badge provides access to the network of investors, to pitch sessions and to the communication/promotional tools provided by the Institute.
- Schneider Electric will offer support around the theme of energy efficiency and will make part of its network available to start-ups.
- F STATION will give them access to all the resources they may need to grow their business (investor community, events and networks, mentoring offices, etc.).
- SUEZ will offer support around the theme of the circular economy and will make its network of experts available to start-ups.
Back to the 7 startups in the first campaign
The first batch of Environmental Startup Accelerator which was supported between January and June 2022, consisted of 7 startups working on CO2 reduction and compensation topics: namR, Lizee, Nooco, Hydrogonix, Carbon age, Space4God and The grain.
Feedback in pictures about the startups and actors who animated the first campaign: